Saturday, July 27, 2013

More good news

After submitting paintings for many years, and some years not having anything to submit, and being turned down all those years, I finally made the cut on one of the American Academy of Equine Art juried shows!  I still can't believe it.  This painting was in the Box Factory for Arts juried show in St. Joseph, MI last year and I figured, what the heck, I'll submit it to the AAEA as I hadn't painted anything else "horsey" this spring.  I had in fact, forgotten about the entry until I received the thick self addressed envelope yesterday.  To me the AAEA is the supreme validation of an equine artist and I am honored to be included in the ranks of many of the artists I admire so much.  To be considered for membership in the organization one must be juried into three of their shows- so one down.  They have one open show a year so it may take a while yet.  But a great reason to paint more horses!!!!

1 comment:

loehrke said...

I sure am proud of you.
It's an honor that is VERY well deserved.
You are SO talented and SO passionate about horses.
Your love for them shows through with every brush stroke.